Anyone and everyone with an interest in radio or RF communications - licensed or not - is welcome to participate in CARC activities.
Anyone who would like to become a member of CARC is encouraged to have an Amateur Operators license. For full, voting membership, it is required. We're more than happy to render whatever assistance we can to help you get you your license, including classes, private instruction and VE testing for all classes Amateur License.
To become a member, just let everyone know you're interested at one of the business meetings. Leadership will then assign a meeting, at least 6 months in the future, to take a vote on that persons request to join. You can read the details in section 4 of the By-laws, linked below.
You can use This Form to share your contact information and share your interests or capabilities with CARC leadership. This is NOT a membership application, just a tool we use so we can learn who is who and what you're interested in and can do. This is also a good way to get added to our email reflector so you'll be kept up to day on what's going on when and where.
Currently, Dues for individual memberships are $20.00 a year and can be paid at anytime during the year.
Do note, dues will not be prorated, regardless of when they are paid. And yes, if you'd like, you can pay next year's dues, starting in December of the previous year - after elections are completed.
If you've any question about dues or circumstances, please do contact the Treasurer or any of the club officers.
Why do we collect dues? That's how we pay:
- The bills for our repeaters
- Equipment repair, maintenance and acquisition
- Annual State registration fee
- Supplies for events
- Class and other training materials
- Field Day
- Special Event stations
- Office supplies as needed
- Communications (mailings, etc)
- This web site, domain and other online services
- Advertising for events
- And other expenses that the club has from time to time.
If you'd like more details - please, contact the club's treasurer.
You'll find a link on the About page.
- Membership is a requirement to be a club officer.
- Only Full Members in good standing may cast a vote for any club business.
- Access to 'members only' online resources.
- Knowing you're supporting the continued development of ham radio in the Casper area.
CARC is an ARRL affiliated club. As such, we do encourage all CARC members to join the ARRL. We need to maintain a minimum percentage of ARRL membership of all club members to keep our affiliation. Affiliation gains us many benefits from the ARRL.
For those that are interested, here ya go.