Casper Amateur Radio Club (CARC) - W7VNJ
CARC is the Casper Amateur Radio Club, W7VNJ, in Casper, Wyoming.
All club correspondence, dues payments, etc should be sent to:
CARC - W7VNJ
PO Box 2802
Casper, WY 82602-2802
- We have evidence published in QST that confirms CARC existed and was affiliated with the ARRL as early as the 3rd week of August, 1938.
- CARC was incorporated as a "non-profit" corporation in the State of Wyoming in at least 1954 - maybe earlier. But we don't have evidence to prove it.
We are documented as the oldest incorporated amateur radio club in the state, something we're quite proud of!
- ARRL records indicate CARC was affiliated with the ARRL in 1953. But we have evidence that the club considered itself affiliated with the ARRL in 1938. It may just be the ARRL's own records don't go back that far(?).
- CARC's Club call sign is W7VNJ
What do we do?
As a group of Amateur Radio enthusiasts, we recognize that we all have individual interests, knowledge and experiences.
- We promote amateur radio education - it's skills, methods and technologies.
- We meet to explore the art and science of amateur radio and share our interests, knowledge and experiences.
- We work as a group to accomplish more together, than we can as individuals.
- We encourage good amateur practices and tradition.
- We provide a communications resources to our community, for both planned and unplanned events.
- We support the ARRL in it's efforts to further ham radio and the radio art.
Meeting Times and Locations
Everything you need to find and attend one of our meetings - business or activity - can be found on our Meetings page.
The meetings page includes addresses, map and directions on how to get there. Anyone and Everyone with an interest in Amateur Radio, whether you have a license or not, is invited and encouraged to attend! We'd love to meet you!
Learn how YOU can become a member of the Casper Amateur Radio Club on this page
Current Club Officers
Past Year's Officers
2007 and 2008
W7VNJ in the Press
W7VNJ has had several appearances in the local Media.